Dubai Dress Code: Most candidates who are applying for a new selection process are concerned about how to dress for the job interview in Dubai, they do not know what to wear and that is where the first nerves begin. But this is not uncommon, as going to a first interview with inappropriate hair, makeup, or clothing could ruin your chances of getting a job.
Luckily, although different jobs may require different ways of dressing, it is true that there are a number of basic rules when dressing, which can be applied to any interview.
Basic rules for dressing well
When you are going to choose the clothes you should wear to the job interviews, it is always good to take your time and make the decisions paying attention to all the details. What is recommended in these cases, is to follow the general rule of wearing discreet clothing and everything you gave from that rule, better to leave it for another occasion.
Whether you are a man or a woman, one of the main ones is to go neat, with clean nails, a well-groomed or shaved beard, with clean and combed hair, and to put on a perfume that has a soft aroma.
Your clothes and accessories (watch, rings, bracelets, the bag …) must be discreet, avoid excesses.
The interview clothes should make you feel comfortable and fit. It cannot go big or small or wear heels that make you feel insecure.
All garments must be neat, clean and well ironed, without any stain or darning. It should convey a neat image and discreet, so avoid worn or torn garments, even if they are designed in that way.
Regardless of whether it is a formal or informal company, it bets on a discreet and classic image, it leaves out the shrillness, like the too showy colors.
Copy the style of other people in the company who occupy the same or similar position to the one you are opting for, without neglecting your own style, but moderating it if you are characterized by pushing it to the limit.
You don’t want the interviewer to notice that you have unhealthy habits, or to be distracted by looking at your clothes, your hairstyle or your accessories. Nor that he remembers you for any of those things and not for your professional profile, so that is the general rule of keeping a discreet and clean appearance.
The job interview is, in short, a way to sell yourself. You are the product and your image is part of the package, so it shows you are a clean, tidy person and that you fit into that company. In order not to make mistakes, remember that you can also look at how other people in the company who occupy the same or similar position to which you are opting dress.
Dubai Dress Code for Men: How to dress for a job interview in Dubai?
As you have read in the introduction to this article, there are a series of basic rules that can be followed as we wanted to convey the right message, and that could be summarized as: go to the job interview in Dubai, dressed in a discreet, clean and tidy appearance. These tips should be applied by both young men and middle-aged men as well, and it is something that I am going to tell you a little more in detail.
- Hair should always be well-groomed, clean, and not too short (shaved head) or too long.
- Although mustaches and beards are fashionable, and they look more and more normal, it is better if you go well shaved. If you still decide to not shave beard, then it should be well-trimmed and clean.
- Nails should be clean and well-cut.
- Choose an article of discreet clothing, that fits your size, with dark shades (navy, black, gray), and combining it with light shirts (light blue, white).
- The shoes should be of a single shade, preferably dark (black, brown) and look new and clean.
- Avoid jewelry, except for a ring such as the wedding band and the watch itself.
- Casual look: following the rule of discretion, but taking it to something more informal, you could choose jeans or fabric pants, as long as they are smooth and dark colors. With a plain shirt or with discreet prints, that is long-sleeved. Everything can be combined with a sport-style jacket.
- Formal look: you should dress in a classic suit, dark shades (navy, black, gray), combining the color of jacket and pants. Choose plain shirts in lighter shades (light blue, white), with a tie according to the other shades, trying to make it solid or with discreet prints.
Dubai Dress Code for Women: How to go dressed for a job interview?
Just as we pay attention to gestures, the way we express ourselves and the messages we give. It is important that throughout the selection process, a woman’s appearance conveys the image of a capable professional and confident woman. Since we are facing professionals in the sector who have seen many profiles the same or similar to ours, and who are looking for the candidate who stands out above the rest.
- Your hair must be clean and well-combed, with a decent style. Avoid buns, heavy braids, or hairstyles.
- The makeup should be noticed, but trying to appear natural and discreet.
- You must have well-cut, clean nails and avoid nail polish with intense colors.
- As for the clothes you should wear to the interview, you can wear pants or a skirt suit with discreet tones, such as navy, black or beish.
- The shoe should be one-tone and low-heeled , no-frills. Better if it is closed.
- As for accessories and jewelry, in this case the famous “less is more” should be applied.
Casual look: these options are broader than for men, but always keeping in your mind the rule of simplicity and discretion. For example, you could wear a blak or dark blue jeans, without decoration. With a long-sleeved shirt or blouse, and complete your outfit with a necklace ordiscreet bracelet.
Formal look: For executive positions, you should choose a jacket suit with a skirt or pants, in dark, plain and simple colors. The skirt is knee length, no shorter. Combine it with a solid blouse, and if it has prints that are very discreet. No vertigo necklines or transparencies.
Infact the type of clothing depends on the company and the position you are going to be hired, the clothes for a job interview that a woman must wear , must always follow certain basic rules. So I have tried to describe a neutral look with which a woman can fit into any type of company and interview, but we all know that there are many different types of jobs, so choose those ideas that suit you and can best help you.
Extra tip: In most cases, the maximum of several levels can be applied in terms of the elegance of your clothing, and that means that you should always tend to choose more elegant style clothes, instead of deciding to go dressed in a more casual way.
Dressing well gives a good image of you, automatically it perceives a good first impression, and they keep it. As we know the first impression is the last impression. Because if your clothes fit the style of the company, it is assumed that you have had experience in similar jobs, or that at least you have spent time investigating how they dress in your sector and what type of clothing employees wear. of the company, who occupy a position similar to the one you intend to occupy.
How to know the clothes to wear (example) – Dubai Dress Code
If you still have doubts about Dubai dress code or how you should dress the day of your job interview, my advice is to access the Internet, where with a little research you will find the page of the company that interests you, in addition to their social networks and of your employees.
It is very easy to know the clothes you should wear and how to present yourself for a job interview in a certain company and for a certain job. If I, for example, had an interview in a large company such as Telefónica, suppose that for an engineering position, and did not have contact with anyone from the company, I would enter to see the profiles of workers on Linkedin that correspond to that professional profile, and I would even ask them directly for advice.
Another idea would be to enter its corporate website, where in most cases you can find photos and even videos of employees from different departments.
Every company has its own “dress code”, so if it is your first job and you are a little lost, this type of research can be very useful to know how to introduce yourself, fit into the company and make a good impression.